Sunday, September 30, 2007

Yesterday: Hung Over and Happy

Yesterday comprised of various household tasks and errands, nothing of note but all important. Sir's sister had a bad migraine with vomitus and the whole shibang so we spent some time together watching "The Girls Next Door" episodes 'till we couldn't take it anymore. Finally and fortunately she was able to get some sleep and she is still sleeping this morning. I hope most of her migraine will be gone today.

In the evening, Sir and I went over to Toys in Babeland to meet up with Midori, Steve DG, and his lady friend then off to a neat restaurant built in 1919 to meet Doc, Doc's friend, and Ernest Green for a lovely and eclectic meal.

I asked permission if I may order an alcoholic beverage and asked the waiter to pick a martini for me. He studied me for about 30 seconds and was off to make something interesting. He was maybe 80? On the top of his game, sharp, witty, and awesome. He made me something unique and bitter. Sir pointed out that I enjoy bitter drinks. I had never considered that before, but he must be right- but man was this a strong martini! It also had a second serving in a miniature ice carafe that accompanied it! I really enjoy miniature everyday objects. At any rate it ended up being 4 very strong martinis and all my concentration to make it up our 3 story walk up in my heels with grace! Oops...

Dinner conversation was lovely. We miss seeing everyone in that room, since we all travel and have our own busy lives to contend with but I cannot express how much I enjoyed the evening and the moment. It made me really happy.

Today, I am downing water and the sorts to clear the fuzziness in my head. Sir is still resting, but I imagine will be up shortly. We will probably have a late morning and try to relax a bit before our upcoming busy work week. I am meeting Mz Berlin for coffee at 3 and the rest of the day is up in the air. Hopefully with some RnR in there somewhere.

-sleepy evil bun.

No comments: